I’m not sure when this started. I saw following error in the vBSEO sitemap. I’m using vBSEO 3.6.8 plugin on vBulletin on the forum where I’m getting this error.
This webpage is not available
The webpage at ../sitemap_index.xml.gz might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error 330 (net::ERR_CONTENT_DECODING_FAILED): Unknown error.
This happens in Chrome.
In FF I see following error:
In IE the sitemap page doesn’t show up at all.
I did a search for error but couldn’t find any solution.
As per vBSEO support I need to upgrade the “vBSEO Google / Yahoo Sitemap for vBulletin” plugin.
It is not so easy as this site uses a complex setup of vBulletin, vBSEO and connected to Drupal. Top that up with the custom theme for vBulletin which makes it a bit of work top upgrade.
The solution suggested by vBSEO support is to upgrade vBSEO and “vBSEO Google / Yahoo Sitemap for vBulletin” without updating vBulletin.
I have another vBulletin based forum with latest version, I checked the sitemap there and it seems to be fine. So it seems that I’ve to upgrade the plugins to get it working.
I’ll try and keep posted with result.